I gave in to making a muxtape. I know, i'm like 2 weeks late on this bandwagon... we all thought it'd be shut down by now and i was planning on using that as an excuse. Well, it hasn't happened (yet) so i gave it a try. Then i realized, i have 4200 songs on my computer and picking 12 would be impossible. So I decided to pick 12 of my favorite, or most interesting covers... that also seemed to be impossible as my original picks totaled 28 and i had to pare it down from there.
Anyhow, without further adieu, My Muxtape:
http://devosuperfly.muxtape.com/
If you like covers too, I have 219 more where these 12 came from (at the time of publishing this, of course...).
Some close ones that did not make the cut:
- Dick Dale - Ring of Fire (error uploading)
- Ben Folds - Such Great Heights
- Johnny Cash (w/ Joe Strummer): Redemption Song
- Johnny Cash: The Gambler
- Warren Zevon - Casey Jones
- Neil Diamond - Heartbreak Hotel
- Ugly Kid Joe - Cats in the Cradle
- Keane - Under Pressure
- Joss Stone - Under Pressure
- Seu Jorge - Rebel Rebel
- Dropkick Murphy's - It's a Long Way to the Top (if you wanna rock n roll)
- Ziggy Marley - Drive
- The Killers - Romeo & Juliet
- Harvey Danger - Save it for Later
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Dynamite Hack - Boyz in the Hood
- Elvis Costello - Hide your Love Away
1 comment:
I'm glad we had the same reasons for not creating a muxtape. I still haven't done it, but my new reason is more because I'm lazy.
Ann Wilson, formerly of Heart, came out with an album that is nothing but solo & duet covers called Hope & Glory. One of the songs she covers is Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. Even though it's not as good as the original she manages to pull it off. Covering Robert Plant without sucking? Now that's saying something.
Post a Comment