Monday, January 7, 2008

I live in a Honey Mustard Cocoon



As some of you may know, I moved into a room that was decked out in a relatively subdued, but still very old and dirty wallpaper. Shortly after moving in, I decided something had to be done... Unfortunately, the vaulted ceiling which features exposed boards and beams, was painted a blue/grey color and I was just unwilling to paint that too. So instead of going with the slate grey room i WANTED, i was limited to colors that would match a blue ceiling. I decided on Behr's Expedition Khaki which is I guess the HGTV way of saying Ken's Honey Mustard.



Anyhow, as with most painting jobs or other home projects, it turned out to be a bit more work than originally anticipated. The wallpaper came off pretty easily but the 13 foot wall proved to be difficult to work with. The whole room needed sanding and priming. I needed to LIVE in the room while doing it. Good thing I didn't have a social life or this might have taken more than 3 weekends to do.

Anyway. here are the pics: